Landline Terms and Conditions
Last updated: April 30, 2019
We thank you for your interest in The Landline Company “Landline”, and for both visiting our website and interest in using our services. By visiting this website, www.landline.com (the “website”) and for any planned or realized travel on Landline you agree to and are bound by the following terms and conditions. Note that Landline reserves the rights to make changes to any of the terms and conditions, and such revisions are binding to you and all consumers of Landline. Therefore, Landline recommends that you periodically revisit this page when using this site to understand when and if this agreement makes changes that could be relevant to you and your services with Landline or use of this website.
Please navigate all the terms and conditions carefully before agreeing. If you do not agree with these terms, it is incumbent upon you to navigate away from this website and avoid purchasing travel on Landline. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, you may not purchase a ticket or any other services from Landline on these website or through other booking platform.
- Legal Identity
The Landline Company (“Landline”) is a Delaware C-Corporation headquartered in Santa Monica, California. Landline’s corporate offices are located at the following address: 730 Arizona Avenue, Santa Monica, California, 90401. Landline is not a direct bus carrier, and instead partners with “Operating Carriers”, a term that is applied to bus operators that transport passengers on Landline vehicles. The Operating Carrier that operates a given segment will be selected by Landline and is subject to change based on any and all conditions and can be done so at the discretion of Landline.
For most operations within the State of Minnesota, services are provided by Lorenz Bus Service, Inc., with DOT number 212866. The address of Lorenz Bus Service, Inc. is 8600 Xylite St. NE, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55449.
- Landline Reservations
Pricing. All prices are displayed in United States Dollars (USD). Any displayed fares are inclusive of any taxes applicable to the segment. Landline does not charge any reservation fees associated with booking either via the website or via third party sellers of travel. Landline cannot control booking or reservation fees applied to Landline segments booked by third parties.
Cancellations. Reservations booked with a refundable ticket can cancel their booking at any time and the customer will be entitled to a full refund. In the event that a customer has booked a non-fundable ticket, that ticket cannot be refunded for any amount.
Changes. Reservations booked with a refundable ticket can change their booking at any time and will only be charged the differential in fare. In the event that a customer has booked a non-fundable ticket, that ticket can be changed but the customer will be charged a change-fee of $10.00 USD plus the difference in fare. This fee is subject to change and Landline is entitled to change this fee at anytime in advance of travel.
Passenger Age. Landline passengers must be 18 years or older to make reservations. All children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult (16 years of age or over) when traveling on a Landline operating carrier’s passenger segment. By purchasing travel on Landline the customer is confirming that they are at or over the age of 18 and the passenger traveling is at or over the age of 16 (or has an accompanying adult). Landline reserves the right, but not the obligation, to validate the age of Landline customers to enforce this policy.
Booking Confirmation. It is your responsibility to check that your booking confirmation is accurate. Landline is only responsible for information that was requested at the time of the reservation and provided to Landline. All passengers are required to provide proof of reservation (by providing access to booking confirmation) to Landline. If a Landline or Operating Carrier employee has reason to suspect fraudulent activity as it relates to the Booking, either Landline or the Operating Carrier have the right to refuse travel.
NOTE: Reservations for Code-Share Flights. Landline also offers transportation through “code-share” arrangements with partner airlines. These trips are reserved and sold through the partner airlines, and their rules and policies regarding prices, fees, reservations, refunds, changes, cancellations and confirmations shall govern with respect to those trips.
- Traveling on Landline
Time of Departure. Landline requires that passengers arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time of any and all Landline segments in order to facilitate an on-time departure. in the event that you are not at the point of departure at least 10 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time of your Landline segment, your reservation could be forfeited.
NOTE: Check-In for Code-Share Flights. Passengers ticketed on a code share flight can check in and check their baggage for the flight at the bus. Passengers are requested to be at the bus at least __ minutes before departure to complete check-in procedures. Passengers must have all necessary documentation required for airline check-in, including, for passengers connecting to an international flight, passport and visa (if the destination requires a visa).
Connecting Travel. Landline can only guarantee travel to the final destination that was booked specifically with Landline for transportation via bus line. In the event that you have booked travel to another destination (for example, connecting to an airline flight), Landline will not guaranntee a successful connection, and will not be liable for any damages resulting from a missed connection. Landline recommends that you provide adequate spare time between connections to ensure that there are no travel interruptions as a result of controllable or non-controllable delays.
Baggage. Each Landline customers are entitled to one (1) piece of luggage. That luggage must not have exterior dimensions in excess of 70 inches. In addition to their luggage, customers are entitled to one (1) small carry on bag and one (1) personal item. The carry on baggage must be able to comfortably fit in the overhead bins or beneath the passengers seat. The personal item must be able to comfortably fit in the overhead bins, beneath the passengers seat, or safely on the customers lap. Landline or Operating Carrier personal have the exclusive right to determine the suitability of personal and carry-on baggage. While Landline will make efforts to accommodate all passengers luggage, any passengers carrying baggage in excess of these quantities could be refused with no refunds issued in such circumstances.
Landline recommends that all luggage should be locked in TSA approved locking devices. In addition, Landline recommends that customers ensure that luggage is tagged and identified with both the customers full legal name and contact information. Any required medical devices or strollers for customers are considered in addition to the luggage limitations. Strollers must be stowed in the luggage compartment and have the ability to be folded.
Other sports and musical equipment that does not fit in traditional luggage, such as skis, golf clubs, and bicycles, must be provided in cases that meet the required dimension limits for traditional luggage to be guaranteed transport on Landline.
Customers may not transport any luggage that could be inherently dangerous or hazardous. This includes any hazardous items as defined by the U.S. Department of Transportation or weapons of any kind. This also includes any item that is prohibited by law.
NOTE: Baggage on Code-Share Flights. For passengers ticketed on code-share flights, Landline will check passenger bags for the full ticketed journey. The partner airline’s rules and policies regarding acceptance of baggage will govern. Passengers are encouraged to review the partner airline’s website to determine what may or may not be accepted. Landline cannot accept for check-in baggage that is not in accordance with the partner airline’s requirements. Provisions on baggage liability are given below.
Food and Beverages. Landline permits passengers to bring food and beverages onboard. Landline and our Operating Carriers do not offer any food or beverage items for sale on the Landline bus services.
Animals. Landline accepts for transportation, without charge, a properly harnessed dog trained in explosive detection, drug search, rescue, or other specific functions, when accompanied by its handler on official emergency business as authorized by an appropriate federal, state, or local government agency.
- Such official duty status must be documented in writing to the satisfaction of Landline
- The dog will be permitted to accompany its handler into the cabin but not to occupy a seat
- Prior to accepting animals for transport, the passenger or shipper must provide documented evidence of health status and current immunization records.
- All dogs and cats require a health certificate that states that the animals do not originate in an area quarantined for rabies. The certificate must contain the following:
- An accurate description of the animal including rabies I.D. #, age, sex, breed, tattoos, and ear notches as appropriate;
- Data and results of laboratory or other tests and the name of the approved laboratory or person conducting the test;
- Date of vaccination and vaccinations given;
- Name and address of the consignee, consignor, origin, and destination (if applicable); and
- A statement that the animal is free from symptoms of infectious, contagious, or communicable disease and exposure thereof.
- All dogs and cats more than four (4) months of age must:
- be vaccinated against rabies,
- have proper identification tags reflecting current rabies vaccination compliance,
- be accompanied by a certificate of current vaccination against rabies.
- Animals may not travel in the cabin unless it is:
- confined in a container that is of a size and shape similar to that of a personal item, and
- stowed in the same manner approved for such an item.
- If the animal must be transported in the cargo compartment, it must be:
- In a properly ventilated hard-shelled animal shipping container (kennel)
Standard fees for animals apply.
In the event there is an animal in the cabin and a passenger informs an employee they have an allergic reaction to the particular animal, the onboard agent will:
- Try to arrange as much separation as possible between the animal and the allergic passenger.
- If necessary, the person traveling with the animal will be removed and accommodated on the next Landline service.
SERVICE ANIMALS & EMOTIONAL SUPPORT OR PSYCHIATRIC ANIMALS
- Landline accepts the carriage of Service Animals and Emotional Support / Psychiatric Service Animals in the vehicle cabin if the requirements listed in this section are met
- Landline does not accept the following animals aboard:
- Animals that may be too large or heavy to accommodate in the cabin
- Animals that pose a threat to the health or safety of others
- Animals that can cause a significant disruption of cabin service
- Service Animals or Emotional Support / Psychiatric Service Animals are not considered personal items and do not count against the personal item allowance.
- A service animal is any animal that is individually trained or able to provide assistance to a qualified person with a disability.
- Do not pet, play with, direct or distract a Service Animal.
- A Service Animal can be properly identified by any or all of the following:
- Identification Card for the Animal
- Veterinary Health Assessment
- Confirmation of Behavior for Support and Service
- Licensed Health Care Professional Support and Service
- Tags or Harness on the Animal
- Observing the Behavior (e.g.; a service animal is expected to be trained to provide a service due to a disability)
EMOTIONAL SUPPORT OR PSYCHIATRIC SERVICE ANIMALS
- An Emotional Support or Psychiatric Service Animal is an animal who provides emotional support to an individual with a mental health-related disability. These animals can be properly identified by completion of a Service Animal Request which includes the following:
- Veterinary Health Assessment,
- Confirmation of Behavior for Emotional Support or Psychiatric Service Animal, and
- Licensed Health Care Professional Assessment for Emotional Support Or Psychiatric Service Animal
- For Emotional Support or Psychiatric Service Animals, Landline requires the current documentation to be no more than one (1) year older from the date of the passenger’s scheduled initial segment. The documentation must contain the following:
- The date and type of mental health professional’s license and the state or jurisdiction in which was issued.
- The individual providing the assessment is a licensed mental health professional and the passenger is under their professional care.
- The passenger has a mental or emotional disability recognized in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual or Mental Disorders.
- The passenger needs the emotional support or psychiatric support animal as an accommodation for travel and / or for activity at their destination.
- Passengers traveling with an Emotional Support or Psychiatric Service Animal must check-in with enough time to confirm all documentation is accurate and complete.
- Arrangements for the transportation of an Emotional Support or Psychiatric Service Animal must be made at least forty-eight (48) hours prior to departure via firstname.lastname@example.org.
SEATING CRITERIA – ANIMALS
- Service Animals and Emotional Support / Psychiatric Service Animals are not required to be kept in a kennel or pet liner
- In the event the Service Animal or Emotional Support / Psychiatric Service Animal cannot be accommodated at the seat location of the passenger, Landline must offer the passenger the opportunity to move with the animal to another seat location where the animal can be accommodated.
- The Service Animal or Emotional Support / Psychiatric Service Animal may sit on the customer’s lap if the following conditions are met:
- The animal may not obstruct another customer’s pathway to the aisle.
- No other safety requirements are compromised.
- The customer must demonstrate a reason, related to their disability, that the animal must be on their lap to perform a needed service.
- The animal must exhibit appropriate behavior.
- The animal must be of a size and weight to fit on the customer’s lap without encroaching on the seat space of another customer.
- To comply with safety regulations, the Service Animal or Emotional Support / Psychiatric Service Animal should remain in the area of the passenger’s seat at all times during the trip. Sitting, laying or protruding into the aisle, or other areas that must remain unobstructed, is not allowed.
- Health regulations also do not allow animals to sit or lay in a seat designated for a customer (including vacant seats) nor lay on or eat from tray tables.
- Service Animals or Emotional Support / Psychiatric Service Animals are not permitted to impose on the seat space allotted to another customer. If such an obstruction would occur, the animal and customer must be relocated to another place in the cabin where it will not create such an obstruction. If there is no other space in the cabin that will accommodate the animal without causing an obstruction, the animal is not permitted to travel in the cabin without the passenger.
FEES – ANIMALS
- Identified Service Animals and / or Emotional Support or Psychiatric Service Animals will not be charged for the carriage.
- A reasonable amount of food for the animal may be carried on board at no additional fee for the purpose of feeding the animal
PASSENGERS WITH ALLERGIES
In the event there is a Service Animal or Emotional Support / Psychiatric Service Animal in the cabin and a passenger informs an employee they have an allergic reaction to the particular animal, the onboard agent will:
- Try to arrange as much separation as possible between the animal and the allergic passenger.
- If the passenger having an allergic reaction chooses not to travel on the segment due to the Service Animal or Emotional Support / Psychiatric Service Animal, the passenger with the allergy can be accommodated on the next segment
Recording Policy. For customer service and operational reasons, Landline and/or Operating Carriers may be recording both bus and station operations. These recordings can be viewed any anytime from either Landline or Operating Carrier personnel. In addition, these recordings can be made available to government officials or law enforcement at their request. Your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and/or boarding of a Landline segment constitutes the acceptance of the Recording policy and implies consent to any such recordings and their use.
- Dispute Resolution
Arbitration. Except as specifically outlined herein, you and/or the relevant Operating Carrier (including any non-affiliated, third-party motorcoach operator referenced above, or otherwise) may elect to resolve any dispute, claim or controversy (collectively “Claims”) by individual arbitration. Such Claims include, but are not limited to, all disputes between the parties arising out of, or in any way relating to: motorcoach services; loss, damage or injury to persons and/or property transported by an Operating Carrier or one of its authorized, non-affiliated motorcoach operators; claims of discrimination; the use of the website and its implementation; and these Terms and Conditions or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof. Except as specifically outlined herein, you and/or the relevant Operating Carrier (including any non-affiliated, third-party motorcoach operator referenced above, or otherwise) may elect to resolve any dispute, claim or controversy (collectively “Claims”) by individual arbitration. Such Claims include, but are not limited to, all disputes between the parties arising out of, or in any way relating to: motorcoach services; loss, damage or injury to persons and/or property transported by an Operating Carrier or one of its authorized, non-affiliated motorcoach operators; claims of discrimination; the use of the landline.com website and its implementation; and these Terms and Conditions or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof. The Federal Arbitration Act will govern the interpretation and enforcement of this Section.
No Trial by Jury or Class Action / Representative Claims. If arbitration is chosen by either party, neither you nor Landline, nor an Operating Carrier(s) will have the right to litigate that Claim in court or have a jury trial on that Claim. By accepting these Terms and Conditions, you acknowledge and agree that you and Landline are each waiving the right to a trial by jury to any Claim subject to arbitration.
If either party elects to resolve a claim by arbitration, that claim will be arbitrated on an individual basis. There will be no right or authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class action basis or on bases involving claims brought in a purported representative capacity on behalf of the general public, other persons similarly situated.
The arbitrator’s authority is limited to claims between you and the Operating Carrier(s) alone. Claims may not be joined or consolidated unless you and the Operating Carrier(s) agree in writing. An arbitration award and any judgment confirming it will apply only to the specific case and cannot be used in any other case except to enforce the award.
Arbitration Rules and Process. Claims are to be decided by a neutral arbitrator. The arbitration will be administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (the “AAA Rules”) then in effect, except as modified by this “Dispute Resolution” section. The AAA Rules are available at www.adr.org or by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879.
A party who desires to initiate arbitration must provide the other party with a written Demand for Arbitration as specified in the AAA Rules. The AAA provides a form Demand for Arbitration on its website. The arbitrator will be either a retired judge or an attorney licensed to practice law and will be selected by the parties from the AAA’s roster of consumer dispute arbitrators. If the parties are unable to agree upon an arbitrator within thirty (30) days of delivery of the Demand for Arbitration, then the AAA will appoint the arbitrator in accordance with the AAA Rules.
Arbitration Location and Procedure. Unless you and the Operating Carrier(s) agree otherwise in writing, the arbitration will be conducted in the county where you reside. In the event that you reside outside of the continental United States, the arbitration will be conducted in the county of your departure.
If your claim does not exceed $10,000, then the arbitration will be conducted solely on the basis of documents you and Landline submit to the arbitrator, unless you request a hearing or the arbitrator determines that a hearing is necessary. If your claim exceeds $10,000, your right to a hearing will be determined by the AAA Rules. Subject to the AAA Rules, the arbitrator will have the discretion to direct a reasonable exchange of information by the parties, consistent with the expedited nature of the arbitration.
Arbitrator’s Decision. The arbitrator’s decision is as enforceable as any court order and is subject to very limited review by a court. The arbitrator will render an award within the time frame specified in the AAA Rules. The arbitrator’s decision will include the essential findings and conclusions upon which the arbitrator based the award. Judgment on the arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
Fees. Your responsibility to pay any AAA filing, administrative and arbitrator fees will be solely as set forth in the AAA Rules. However, if your claim for damages does not exceed $75,000, Landline will pay all such fees, unless the Arbitrator finds that either the substance of your claim or the relief sought in your Demand for Arbitration was frivolous or was brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b)).
Governing Law. This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of the State of California.
Exclusive Jurisdiction. If arbitration is not elected, and an action is brought before a court of law, any such actions arising out of this contract shall be brought exclusively in a state or federal court located in the State of California.
5. Limitation of Liability/Claims
General. Unless caused by the gross negligence or willful or wanton behavior of Landline or its employees (which shall not be deemed to include employees of an Operating Carrier or a partner airline), Landline shall not be liable for loss, damage or delay caused by:
(1) The act or default by the passenger;
(2) The nature of the property or defect therein;
(3) An act of God, public enemies, authority of the law, quarantine, perils or navigation, riots, strikes, or the hazards or dangers incidents to a state of war; or
(4) Accidents, breakdowns, bad conditions of roads or other causes beyond the carriers’ control.
(5) Acts that occur before the passenger boards the Landline bus or after the passenger disembarks.
(6) Incidental or consequential damages.
Operating Carrier(s) assume no liability for the loss of or damage of baggage caused by Landline in excess of two hundred and fifty ($250) dollars, and then only to the extent of the actual loss or damage sustained caused by Landline, computed on the basis of the actual value of the baggage. Except as provided below, Landline will assume no liability for damage, breakage, deterioration, delay, and/or loss of any article prohibited to be transported on its motorcoaches. Such prohibited articles include any hazardous materials as that term is defined by the US Department of Transportation or any weapons of any kind.
Any claim against an Operating Carrier for loss, damage or delay must be filed with Landline within 30 days of the discovery of the loss or damage on which the claim is based, but in no case shall this extend any statute of limitations otherwise in effect. Otherwise, Landline will have no responsibility to pay the claim.
Baggage Liability on Code-Share Trips. If passengers are ticketed on a code-share flight and their checked baggage is lost, delayed, damaged or destroyed during the portion of the trip operated by Landline, it shall be subject to the following liability limits: for ticketed trips that do not involve an ultimate destination or origin outside the United States (i.e., are purely domestic), the actual value of the baggage or $3500 per bag, whichever is less; for ticketed trips which involve an origin or destination outside the United States, liability is governed by the provisions of the Warsaw Convention or the Montreal Convention, whichever shall apply, and the limits of Landline’s liability shall be in accordance with the applicable Convention. In no event shall Landline be responsible for any damages caused before the baggage has been checked in by the passenger, or after the baggage has been delivered to the connecting partner airline, or after it has been returned to the passenger at the end of the journey.
In the event of lost, delayed, damaged or destroyed baggage, the passenger should report the matter to Landline personnel within 12 hours after the termination of the land portion of the trip. If compensation is sought, a written claim must be presented to Landline within 45 days after the initial report was made. Failure to comply with these procedures will release Landline from liability.
6. Passengers with Disabilities
The motorcoaches used by Landline’s Operating Carriers are fully compliant with all applicable ADA requirements and the provisions of 49 CFR Parts 37 and 38. For passengers ticketed on a code-share flight, the provisions of 14 CFR Part 382 will apply both to the air portion and the land portion of the trip. Passengers requiring special assistance are urged to contact the partner airline for any necessary arrangements.
Traveling in a Wheelchair or Mobility Scooter. Any traveler who intends to travel in a wheeled mobility device is encouraged to book as far in advance as possible. This is important because seating is limited for all passengers, many trips involve multiple carriers and some schedules are reservation only. Landline may not be able to accommodate all customers traveling in a wheeled mobility device and each bus is limited to two passengers traveling in a wheeled mobility device. If you have questions or concerns regarding your travel contact Landline Customers with Disabilities Travel and Assistance at email@example.com
When you book your trip, make sure you tell us if you’re traveling with a wheelchair or mobility scooter, and if you plan to sit in it during your journey. If you’re booking online, you can select this prior to making final payment for your reservation. If you select “Travel in Wheelchair,” please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can confirm availability and provide the best possible assistance.
All of our buses are equipped with a wheelchair lift to help you get on board. Each Landline bus can fit two passengers sitting in a wheelchair or mobility scooter (we actually remove seats to give you plenty of space). So we suggest you book your ticket as far in advance as possible to get one of the two spots on your preferred journey.
If you want to travel sitting in your wheelchair or mobility scooter, that’s OK with us. If you want to board the bus in your wheelchair and then sit in a regular seat, please let us know and we will stow the device.
The maximum weight and size of a wheelchair or mobility scooter that we can accept are:
- Weight including the passenger can’t be over 600lbs (272kg)
- Wheelchair dimensions of 30 x 48 inches (76cm x 121cm)
- Mobility scooter with dimensions of 30 x 30 x 48 inches (76 x 76 x 122cm)
This is due to the maximum limits of the wheelchair lift. If your wheelchair or mobility scooter doesn’t fit within the dimensions above, it will need to be stored in the baggage compartment underneath the bus.
7. Landline.Com (Website)
Use of Website. In order to make reservations using the payment method displayed on this website, you must be 18 years of age or over. By using landline.com you confirm that you possess the legal authority to enter into the conditions of use for this site, including instructing us to collect any payments from a credit card, and to use this site in accordance with all these terms and conditions. You also confirm that all information supplied by you in using this site is true and accurate.
- The Materials may be used solely for your own informational, personal, non-commercial purposes, and shall not be copied or posted on any network computer, broadcast in any media, posted on the World Wide Web, publicly performed, distributed, retransmitted or otherwise used or exploited in any way for any non-personal, public or commercial purpose;
- The Materials are protected by copyright under United States, Canadian and foreign laws. Unauthorized use of the Materials may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws. Therefore, any copy of the Materials or any portion thereof viewed, downloaded or otherwise accessed by you must retain all copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices as contained in the original Materials;
- You may not modify, create derivative works from, participate in the transfer or sale of, or otherwise modify or alter the Materials, in any manner or reverse engineer, decompile or otherwise attempt to derive the source code from any software associated with the Materials. You agree not to use any trademarks, service marks, names, logos, or other identifiers of: (a) the website; (b) landline.com; or (c) landline.com employees, licensors, independent contractors, providers and affiliates (collectively, the “Affiliates”) without the express, prior written permission of landline.com or the relevant Affiliate;
- You agree not to: (a) interrupt, or attempt to interrupt, the operation of the website in any way, through any means or device including, but not limited to, spamming, hacking, uploading computer viruses or time bombs, malicious code, or any other means expressly or impliedly prohibited by any provision of these terms and conditions or; (b) engage in any other activity deemed by landline.com to be in conflict with the spirit or intent of this Agreement;
- You further acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights to any of the Materials including, without limitation, the website by viewing or accessing the Materials including, without limitation, the website;
- You agree to access and use the Materials including, without limitation, the website in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations of any governmental or other legal authority;
- You agree that from time to time the website may be inaccessible or inoperable for any reason, including, without limitation: (a) equipment malfunctions; (b) periodic maintenance procedures or repairs which landline.com may undertake from time to time; or (c) causes beyond the control of landline.com, whether or not foreseeable; and
- You shall be solely responsible for providing, maintaining and ensuring compatibility with the website, all hardware, software, electrical and other physical requirements for your use of the Materials including, without limitation, telecommunications and Internet access connections and links, web browsers or other equipment, programs and services required to access and use the Materials.
- Use of the Materials as specified above does not authorize or permit any right to copy, in whole or in part, the layout or design of this website. Elements of this website, including, but not limited to, style and presentation, are protected by trade dress and other laws and may not be imitated or reproduced, in whole or in part. You acknowledge that landline.com is the sole owner of the Materials and such website elements not otherwise either in the public domain or owned by the government or other third party.
- You are solely responsible for any and all of your acts and omissions that occur when using the website, and you agree not to engage in unacceptable use of the website, which includes, without limitation, use of the website to: (a) transmit unsolicited messages, chain letters or unsolicited commercial email; (b) transmit material that, to a reasonable person may be abusive, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, harassing, grossly offensive, vulgar, threatening or malicious; (c) transmit files, graphics, software or other material that actually or potentially infringes the copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other intellectual property right of any person; (d) transmit viruses, trojan horses or any other malicious code or program; (e) engage in systematic retrieval of data or other content from this website to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database or directory without written permission from landline.com by use of scrapers or other tools; or (f) engage in any other activity deemed by landline.com to be in conflict with the spirit or intent of this Agreement.
- We will not be liable or responsible to you, nor be deemed to have defaulted or breached these Terms, for any failure or delay in our performance under these Terms when and to the extent such failure or delay is caused by or results from acts or circumstances beyond our reasonable control, including, without limitation, acts of God, flood, fire, earthquake, explosion, governmental actions, war, invasion or hostilities (whether war is declared or not), terrorist threats or acts, riot or other civil unrest, national emergency, revolution, insurrection, epidemic, lockouts, strikes or other labor disputes (whether or not relating to our workforce), or restraints or delays affecting carriers or inability or delay in obtaining replacement parts or other materials, or telecommunication breakdown or power outage.
- You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Landline, its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, and each of their respective partners, employees, representatives and agents, from and against all claims, losses, costs, damages, liabilities and expenses (including, but not limited to, attorney fees) arising out of: (a) Your activities in connection with this Website; (b) any violation of this Agreement by you; (c) any improper or unauthorized use of the Materials by you; (d) any allegation that anything you transmit through or in connection with the Website infringes or otherwise violates the intellectual property, privacy or other rights of any third party; (e) any conduct, activity or action engaged in by you which is unlawful or illegal under any state, federal or common law, or violative of the rights of any individual or entity, engaged in, caused by, or facilitated in any way through the use of Services, Materials or any other such service or information provided by the Website.
Website Availability. Landline tries to keep landline.com available but cannot guarantee that this website will operate continuously or without interruptions or be error free and can accept no liability for its unavailability. You must not attempt to circumvent security, tamper with, hack into, or otherwise disrupt any computer system, server, website, router or any other Internet connected device. You agree to only access public facing portions of the website and will not attempt to otherwise access non-public facing portions of the website.
Unlawful/Prohibited use of Website. As a condition of your use of landline.com, you agree that you will not use this website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms and conditions, and you will not aid or assist anyone else in doing so.
Disclaimer. This information published on landline.com is provided as a convenience to visitors and should be used for information purposes only and is subject to change without notice. While landline.com uses all reasonable efforts to ensure that the information contained on its website is current, accurate and complete at the date of publication, no representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of such information. None of the operating carriers can therefore be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information appearing on this website. In addition, no warranty is given as to the freedom of this website from errors, defects, viruses or other malicious programs or macros.
Website Modifications. We reserve the right to make changes or corrections, alter, suspend or discontinue any aspects of our website or the content or services available through it (although we will honor any existing reservations or provide a refund in the event of unavoidable cancellations). Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new feature, content, products and services offered shall be subject to these terms and conditions.
Other Website Links. Website links from landline.com exist for convenience and information and landline.com makes no representations regarding, or accepts any responsibility or liability for the products, services or information (or any reliance on it) contained on any such site. Landline.com does not guarantee that third party websites are free of infection from any virus, harmful component, or other code or computer programming routines that contain contaminating or destructive properties or that are intended to damage, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. The existence of a link to another website does not imply or express endorsement of its provider, product or services by landline.com.
Children Website Access. The Website is not directed to individuals under the age of 13, nor does it contain information which would be potentially harmful to minors in any way. However, we advise all visitors to the Website under the age of 13 not to disclose or provide any Personally Identifiable Information. In the event that Landline discovers that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personally Identifiable Information to us, we will delete the child’s Personally Identifiable Information in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, pursuant to 47 U.S.C. Section 230 (d), as amended, we hereby notify you that parental control protections are commercially available to assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. More information on the availability of such software can be found through publicly available sources. You may wish to contact your Internet Service Provider for more information.
General. Failure or delay by us to enforce an obligation or exercise a right under these terms and conditions does not constitute a waiver of that obligation or right.
If any provision or term of these terms and conditions shall become or be declared illegal, invalid, void or unenforceable for any reason whatsoever, such term or provision shall be divisible and severed from the other terms and conditions and shall be deemed to be deleted from them. Severance of such terms shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining terms of the Agreement.
We may alter these terms and conditions from time to time and post the new version on our website, following which all use of our website will be governed by that version. It is your responsibility to check the terms and conditions on the website regularly and prior to making a reservation.
Unless specifically stated otherwise herein or required by law, Landline shall not be liable for any consequential, compensatory, indirect, incidental or punitive damages arising out of or in connection with the performance of its obligations under these terms and conditions.
Landline.com and any Operating Carrier has the right to cancel reservations (whether or not confirmed) of any customer whenever such action is necessary to comply with any governmental regulation, upon any governmental request for emergency transportation in connection with the national defense, or whenever such action is necessary or advisable by reason of weather or other conditions beyond Landline’s control, including Force Majeure events.No Discrimination. Reservations and seating aboard landline.com vehicles operated in interstate, intrastate or foreign commerce is without regard to race, color, creed, or national origin.
Making A Reservation. In order to make a reservation on Landline.com, we may ask you to provide information such as the following:
– Full Name
– Your Email Address
– Credit Card Information
– Date of Birth
– Any Special Assistance Requirements
In addition to requesting this information at time of booking, we will also automatically collect:
– The type of web browser and operating system you have used to access our Services;
– The type of device you have used to access our Services, including unique device identifiers;
– Your IP address (which is a number automatically assigned to your computer when you access the Internet and can be used to derive your general geographic location);
– The websites you visited before and after you visit our Services;
– Information about the content you view and the actions you take on the Services;
– Information about your current location (if you consent to providing us this information); and
– Information we collect
Website Cookies. This site uses web cookies. Cookies are pieces of data that are sent from our website to your browser, which may then store them on your computer system. No personal information or credit card details of any kind are stored or gathered by cookies. Cookies collect anonymous information to improve your experience on the website and to allow landline.com to improve our digital advertising.
Without cookies, landline.com would “forget” the items in your basket each time you went to a different page. The session cookie is deleted when your browser is closed, removing access to any session information which will be removed from our servers a short time afterwards.
Do Not Track Requests. Although some browsers allow you to send a signal indicating that you do not wish to be “tracked”, our Services do not recognize or respond to “Do Not Track” signals.
Use of Information. The information we collect and receive is used to provide the service you have requested; to confirm your reservation or to reply to questions you may ask. It is also used to provide you updated information concerning changes to the landline.com service you have reserved. Your information will also be available to our customer service agents to allow them to assist you with any questions you may have. We will also use this information to enable us to deliver a more effective and targeted service to you, the passenger. We will use information about your computer equipment and the pages on our Services that you visited for statistical evaluation. Finally, you may receive email from us concerning promotions and offers from Landline.com and about changes to our website. You will be offered the opportunity in those emails to cease receiving them.
Sharing of Information. Landline.com does not sell your information or provide it to any third parties except in compliance with this Policy.
All payment transactions on our website are handled by Stripe, a secure payment processing provider. Your credit card and related personal details are collected by Stripe in order to process your payment. More details regarding Stripe’s terms and conditions, and privacy and security policies can be found by visiting https://stripe.com/us/ssa
If you accessed our Services from a third party website, we may provide your information to that third party for purposes of enabling the third party to collect a commission from Landline.com related to your purchase of a reservation on our service.
We may provide your information to companies that provide services directly to us, including our website designers and technical consultants. This information will be used by such organizations only to perform their functions and/or to provide the service you have requested and for no other purpose.
If you are an existing customer, Landline may use your email address to provide you with information about promotions and services we think may be of interest to you; however, you can choose not to receive such notices. If you are simply a visitor to this website and not an existing customer of landline.com, we may nonetheless wish to give you the opportunity to receive such information and may ask for your consent to do so.
In the event of the sale or transfer of our company or its assets, information we have collected from you or about you may be disclosed to the buyer as part of the sale or transfer process and will be transferred to the buyer as one of the transferred assets.
It is not our policy to provide any further entities or organization(s) with your information provided to us via this website, unless we share in response to legal process or when necessary to protect our Services.
Accuracy of Personal Information. If the credit card holder for reservations is not you, it will be your responsibility to ensure that you have the card holder’s consent before entering any related details, and that such details when entered are true. Other than the foregoing, by using our Services, you confirm that you will only enter personal information about yourself and that such information is true.
Protection of Information. We use reasonable physical, technical, and administrative measures to safeguard information in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. Please note, however, that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect the information we maintain, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us.
– fares starting as low as $4 one way.*
Valid for travel between September 13 and November 20, 2019. Travel must be booked by September 11, 2019. Subject to seat availability.